The Essential Step To Making Goals Reality
Our extensive planning experience helps our clients realize both short–term and long-term objectives. WAI can cover every aspect of the planning
process, and we know how to choose the best combination of services for
different types of projects, both public and private. Our services can
include all or any of the following:
- Existing zoning
- Existing land use plan information
- Soils and development capability/limitations
- USGS topography and drainage features
- FIRM floodplains
- USEPA/COE designated wetlands and environmental areas
- Water and sewer service areas
- Existing municipal corporation boundary information and proposed annexation areas, if any
- Other service areas - schools, fire, emergency services, etc.
- Transportation and corridor plans - major roads and traffic/accident counts
- Existing development or redevelopment plan(s), if any
- Existing and proposed park and recreation facilities
- Planned and proposed development
- Existing land-use inventory including commercial, residential, industrial,
public, institutional, recreational, historical, etc.
- Master Land-Use Planning
- Capital Improvement Planning
- Zoning Plans
- Population trends
- Employment trends
- Housing trends
- Economic trends
Community Services Analysis
- Infrastructure - water, wastewater, storm drainage, street maintenance,
- Fire, police, hospital, emergency medical services, and
- Adequacy of public buildings and grounds
- Identification of high-risk traffic safety locations
- Transportation improvements
- Adequacy of parks and recreational facilities
- Education and cultural facilities
- Environmental factors including open space, forestry/trees
- "Key persons" interviews, resident surveys and input sessions
- Workshops - mission statement, goals, objectives and policies
- Creation of Draft Plan
- Creation of Executive Summary
Draft and Final Documentation
|Tribal Land-Use Plan Pokagon Band of
Potawatomi Indians, MI & IN
Comprehensive land use plan for non adjacent properties.
- Created a comprehensive Land-Use Plan that includes all developed
and undeveloped tribal properties in four counties in Michigan and
- The Plan addresses diverse sectors including demographic, social,
civic, and environmental aspects to assist the Tribe with future housing
and other development decision.
Feasibility Study - Surveying - Engineering - Architecture - Inspection - Planning -
Right-of-Way - Construction Engineering - Start-up Assistance - Permitting -
Maintenance - Monitoring
|Hollywood Corridor, St. Joseph Twp and Royalton Twp, Berrien County, MI
The project provided a common voice for the planning and economic development and marketing.
- The plan defined coordination of land use planning, public capital improvements and infrastructure investment, and multi-government economic development marketing to attract new development.
- The plan also established a management process for future planning and development to maximize current and upcoming development opportunities within the Corridor. The creation of a joint planning commission as well as an authority was suggested as a means to manage a cooperative effort between these communities and to create an inviting atmosphere for development opportunities.
||10-Year Comprehensive Land-Use Plan Update Benton Charter Township, MI
Comprehensive land use plan for all township needs.
- Helped to create an update to the Township’s 1989 Comprehensive
Land-Use Plan. The update covered a full range of goals and objectives including residential, commercial, agricultural, and
industrial development, open space, transportation, and infrastructure needs.
Feasibility Study - Surveying - Engineering - Planning - Permitting - Construction -
Engineering - Construction Monitoring
|Ramada Water Park
This new 99-room Ramada Inn is
connected to a 14,000-square-foot
- The water park offers multiple recreational and social amenities
including a pool and slides, a children's play area, a mezzanine with
space for parties and entertaining, a restaurant and a bar.
- A new strip mall was also designed and constructed near the facilities.
- Additional work includes extension of a roadway with pavement and
concrete curb and gutter as well as storm and sanitary sewer and watermain
Surveying - Site Design - Design Engineering - Construction Engineering - Right-of-Way
- Construction Inspection and Testing - Permitting - Planning - Architectural Design